Using the Billing Wizard
The Billing Wizard is the primary means of producing an invoice. Instructions include, Using the Billing Wizard for:
● The ability of including multiple T+E in one invoice
● Entering the date that you want to appear on the invoice
1. From Claim Maintenance.
2. Click on the Action button.
3. Select Billing Wizard.
The series of steps that the Billing Wizard goes through display in the panel on the left.
||The Prev, Next and Exit Wizard buttons are available throughout the wizard so that you can navigate between the steps or leave the wizard entirely.
4. The Please set T&E cutoff and Invoice dates options:
(a) T&E Cutoff Date – Enter the up to date, of the T+E's you want included in the invoice, e.g., these charges currently apply in this file:
if we set a date of 03/30/2015, only the EXAM charge will be billed in the invoice.
(b) Invoice Date – Enter the date you want to appear on the invoice.
||The Cutoff Date cannot be after the invoice date.
5. Click on the Next button.
The T+E List is displayed, to include the totals of what is being billed (bottom of window).
||You can make changes to a T+E by clicking on the Activity link. A common change includes switching the T+E between billable/non-billable by selecting or deselecting the “Billable” checkbox. Save your changes and return to the Billing Wizard tab. The Refresh button forces an update, if required.
6. Click in the Hold checkbox(es) for the T+E you DO NOT wish included in the bill you are generating.
7. Click on the Next button.
The pre-invoice Checklist displays.
8. Click on the Next button.
The Invoice type / Bank ID displays.
– OR –
Click on the Lookup button to select.
||The Bank information is pulled from the file.
(a) The Please set Invoice Type: should be set to Interim.
9. Click on the Next button.
A Summary of detail relating to the invoice displays. The information cannot be edited here, it is for display purposes only.
10. Click on the Print Summary button.
– OR –
Click on the Exit Wizard button to cancel.
– OR –
Click on the Next button if everything is as it should be and you want to proceed.
11. Click on the Generate button.
A Report: Invoice will be generated and displayed to you.